I also do three-dimensional work on belly casts! A belly cast is a great way to celebrate your growing, changing shape during pregnancy. I have the following packages for any budget:
- Come To You and Make the Cast ($100): I will come by with all the necessary supplies to help you create the cast. I can then leave it with you to do what you’d like or proceed below.
- Cast Prep ($150): This includes reinforcing sanding, smoothing, and gesso’ing the cast to prepare it to be decorated. Instead of using plaster to smooth like most kits include, I use acrylic modeling medium, which is a lot tougher and won’t crack or crumble like plaster will.
- All-Over Color ($50): I will paint your cast all over with a color you specify.
- All-Over Color Plus Simple Design ($100-400): I will paint the cast like above and decorate it with a simple decoration (such as a henna-like design) or other simple image of your choice
- All-Over Color Plus a Mural ($600-unlimited): The sky’s the limit! Tell me your vision for your cast and I will quote you how much it will cost. I will create a one-of-a-kind piece of art for you incorporating whatever subject matter you are drawn to!
I can do something for every budget! Contact me if you have an unfinished cast you’d like me to decorate.
Here are some examples of my work:
OH MY goodness! you have created the most beautifuly inspirational belly cast!!! it is no wonder my belly cast has been lying cold and white for over 3 years…. i think i have been waiting for you!
Ashley, just let me know, I’d be happy to!
I have a blank cast that I would love to have painted with a mandala. It has been in storage for many years. I will take it out and connect with you. love this work that you have done. beautiful!!
That would be great! Just let me know what you’d like to do 🙂 You can email me your ideas to [email protected]
Amy, your work is stunning. Thank you for sharing it with me. As a fellow artist, I find your art very inspirational. What a great idea to paint belly casts this way. I’m in awe!
Thanks! l didn’t know you were an artist. I’d love to see your stuff!
Gorgeous! It’s inspired me to finally do something with my 3 year old cast…
How does it work if I live in Canada. Would I get the cast made and ship it to you to to paint?
I’ve had people in the US ship me casts before, I’m not sure if it would be cost-prohibitive to ship from Canada, but if you’re willing I’m willing! The only thing is right now I have a very long list of commissions I’m trying to work through. If you’re interested in getting on the list I’d be happy to add you, please email me at [email protected]
Amazing blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
I’m hoping to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?
There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks!
This is a free one, the only thing I’ll pay for is a domain name. I’d say make an outline first, a skeleton of pages in the order you want them, and then fill in the text and photos. It takes a little bit to get the hang of but is really pretty easy 🙂 good luck!
Do u do belly casts? Just the cast itself?
Yup! I am in the Denver area, email me if you’re interested, [email protected]